Greetings!! I just want to let you all know I am thinking about you and hope you are doing well! Know that all of us at your school are working hard on ways to support your learning while we are closed, and we will know more about how this will all work early this week. I will do my best to keep you updated and provide you learning opportunities throughout this unique time. Please take care of yourselves and your families and know that you can email anytime with any concerns, questions,or needs.I have left some grade level learning packets with some science reading and comprehension questions at the school for this week's work (3/23-3/25) to help keep you caught up with your learning.I have also started a Google Classroom for each grade level and will be posting fun assignments on that site. More to come on that at the end of this week. Thanks to those students who have already emailed me back with questions.Take good care of yourselves and your families.Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Take care, Mrs. Bruce6th grade link: https://classroom.google.com/
c/NTQ1Nzg0NDA0MDFa7th grade link: https://classroom.google.com/ c/NTQ1Nzg0NDA0ODJa8th grade link: https://classroom.google.com/ c/NTQ1ODc0NDkxMTBa
Parents can access their child’s teachers’ Google Classroom in one of the following ways:
- From the school issued Chromebook, ask the student to login and launch the Google Classroom App. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
- From any computer with internet access, click this link https://classroom.google.com and have the student login with their F1S Google Apps for education username and password. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
- As a guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries. Only teachers and administrators from your student’s school can send these invitations. You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires.
- The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student.
- The teacher or administrator can send the invitation to any email address.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
- If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly.
- You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
Guardian email summaries include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers